Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring, songs, strawberries, store

After some gentle encouragement from a friend, I'm back to the blog. I think of things to write a lot, but I'm usually changing a diaper, or in the car, or zapping some nuggets for supper... you know, not things condusive to writing!

Zoe loves to sing songs. She surprised me the other day and sang the entire first verse of Mary Had a Little Lamb. One of her other favorites is "Happy Cap Yer Hands" (translated If You're Happy & You Know It). The $10 Dora CD I bought a few weeks ago was my best purchase ever - puts a smile on her face every time we get in the car - and she makes sure I "turn on da Dora CD" as soon as we get going.

David spotted a container of strawberries on the counter this morning as we were going to the car - I had to wash one up so he could take it along. It was a giant one, it looked like he was holding a football in his hand.

Last night I took the kiddos to Sam's. I needed a couple things but mostly I went there because they have 2-seater carts. (One day... I WILL take a Sam's cart and march right across the parking lot to Walmart with it!) They were so good! They were polite, chatty, and all around good kids. David mentioned to a passerby that I GOT DIS BOOK! but otherwise it was a picture perfect trip. Anytime I mention a store, David assumes it's the "train store" and we're going to buy more Thomas trains. I was afraid of a meltdown but he managed this time. I got them each a book - Zoe's has balloons and numbers on the front, and she is so in love with the cover that she still hasn't opened the book.

We try to play outside and go to our little neighborhood park as often as we can. That outdoor air makes them sleep so much better later! It's nice that spring is finally here so we can do those things. We do grow weary of chasing balls down the street though - whenever we play in the front yard, Brett & I remind each other that the number 1 thing on a wish list for a new house (you know, if ever, in the future, if HGTV buys us one) - is a flat driveway!

This has been sort of a rambly post... but it's a post! I'll try to get in here more often.

1 comment:

  1. I just love that it's a post!!! No, really I had a smile on my face the whole time I was reading:)

    ReplyDelete