Thursday, March 4, 2010

Smoothies & books

Sorry, I've been a lazy blogger. We finally determined that Zoe was indeed having night terrors. It lasted every night for about 3 weeks, and she hasn't had one since. I feel very lucky that she's not one of those kids who has one every night until they go to kindergarten.

I've been going to Weight Watchers for a week now. In addition to treating myself better, I've been trying to watch what the kiddos eat too - not just chicken nuggets, goldfish and gummies! Tonight I decided to try a smoothie and see how it would go over. They liked it! Zoe wasn't interested in helping but David pulled up a chair so he could do it. We got all the goods in the blender and I warned both of them, It's noisy, don't be scared. 1st hit on the blender: David jumped. Stir. 2nd hit: David said, "Mommy I want you hold me!" 3rd hit about to go: David said, "Mommy I don't want help you smoothie anymore." And he bailed! Off that chair and straight to his room! I hooted, I couldn't help myself.

I had to tell Zoe it was yogurt to get her to try it, which is weird, because usually she doesn't like yogurt. David ate all of his and most of Zoe's. Good thing, because he didn't want anything else I offered tonight.

Last night, instead of the usual trains, they both wanted to take books to bed. This morning neither one of them wanted to get up because "Nooo! I readin da book!" Good reason!

Can't wait for spring - David ran up and down the driveway a couple times tonight before we came in - and Zoe wanted to be held, and said "I wanna go insiiiiiiide!" - got to get that girl outdoors again!

No comments:

Post a Comment