Saturday, January 23, 2010

David - Lover & Funny Man; Mommy makes magic

So the last few days my boy has been cracking me up and melting my heart. In between the naughty stuff, of course. The other night after Zoe was just feeling better he wanted to say good night to her but she was already in bed. Sometimes they'll kiss kiss if they're both still out of bed. He reached in through her crib and patted her cheek. So sweet!

Friday night when we got home they were both adamant about going downstairs to play trains. I told them that's fine, you can leave your shoes on or take them off, but you have to take coats off to go downstairs. David whipped his off & hung it up. He said, "I gonna help Zoe." I asked how he was going to help? He said, "I take her coat off." And he did. She was busy with the trains in her hand so she didn't make it easy. She sat on the floor and very patiently let David unzip her coat and wrestle it off of her. I suspect this helpful thing was more to get her to move it so they could go play, but it was sweet, nonetheless.

Aunt Bridgit & the cousins were here for a while this morning. Aunt Bridgit started this: She'd say "Hey David!" He'd say "What?" She'd say "Nothin'." He'd say "oh." It took oh, I don't know, a dozen times(!) and he finally got that it was a joke. Then he caught on... "Hey David!" "NOTHIN!" Hahahahahahahaha... and hilarity ensued. He even tried it out on Daddy tonight.

I think it's partly those gappy Dave Letterman teeth that make his laugh so cute.

And I think it's awesome that my kids think I have magic powers. I mixed up one of those drink packets in a bottle of water and they both thought I made pop. I wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment