Sunday, January 17, 2010

Haircuts & pancakes

I took Zoe for her 2nd haircut Friday night. She was absolutely horrible for her first haircut, and I wasn't looking forward to this one. Fortunately we were the only people at Cost Cutters on a Friday night... I warned the nice young 20-something that this was not going to be pleasant. Zoe sat on my lap - and what do you know, she barely uttered a peep. She made a lot of those "I am gorgeous, aren't I?" faces at herself in the mirror, and it was over just like that. We had to run to Walgreens so I bought her some "twizzers" (red licorice) for a treat since she was so good.

Saturday night Brett & I wanted to get out of the house so we went to IHOP for supper. We have been taking our own booster seats for a couple of months now, whenever we go out to eat. It helps so much! The restaurant boosters are so wobbly, and they don't want to stay in them. When we bring their own, they are willing to get in, they're sturdy, and they stay put. (The kids & the seats!)

We had our fingers crossed for a while there, but the kiddos actually did really well. Zoe ate her body weight in eggs and pancakes, as long as there was plenty of ketchup on the eggs and syrup on the pancakes. David informed us he wanted noodles, so I hoped he knew what he meant and got him plain old mac & cheese. He did, and he ate a huge bowl.

The waitress and the manager both complimented us on our "quiet kids" when we left - whew! I have to admit, I soo love it when someone tells us our kids were good. Of course they didn't know how tenuous that quiet was, but I'll take our little victories wherever we can get them.

Just put the kiddos down a while ago. David took his "train book" to bed with him - the flyer from one of the trains. He was trying to identify one of the trains from his bed, and he kept yelling for me to come find it. Of course I didn't, and he got annoyed: "Mommaayyyy!! Talk ta me!!" over and over again. He didn't last long though, I don't think they took very good naps today.

I'm off to read... I borrowed the Little House books from my MIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment