Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tacos and grilled cheese

We have the most interesting conversations on the way home. Usually they consist of a lot of chatter in the back seat and me trying to figure out what in the world is going on. Yesterday there was a big story about Elmo. He had a blanket but it went in a tree, and then it fell on the ground and it was dirty. Big Bird washed it for him at Grandma's house, and Big Bird had to go to the basement because that's where the washer is. Huh. All righty then!

Tonight was about what to have for supper. I threw out a couple suggestions. I repeated back to David, as I often do, "You want hot dogs and grilled cheese? We don't have any hot dogs." "No Mommy, I say TACOS and grilled cheese." I swear those two roll their eyes at the back of my head.

Bath night tonight. Zoe actually made it through washing hair without any tears. Of course I praised the heck out of her for that, and she said "Zoe's brave! I swimmin." Swimmin' consists of laying on one's tummy in the water. We discussed haircuts a couple nights ago, and as I was combing Zoe's hair after bath, she said "We need a haircut."

It's now about 10 pm, Brett's gone to bed, I'm headed that way, and the two shorties are quieter but still awake, and still talking to each other. Their latest thing in the mornings is to bang their heads on the wall and laugh at each other. "We bonk, Mommy!" In our bedroom it sounds like there are about 6 Santas on the roof. Hope we're not doing any real damage there.

No comments:

Post a Comment