Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Zoe's sick

Last night both the kiddos woke up fussing; we put them both back down & hoped they would cry it out and settle down. Zoe coughed and it sounded kind of weird - so I went to check, and she was puking. Poor girl! She seemed like she was done, so we cleaned her up and she went to snuggle with daddy while I stripped her bed, etc. She laid in bed with us for a while, chatting and talking, seemingly fine. I got up again to go in the bathroom for something & she followed me - and threw up again. She said "Oh dear, oh dear!" It was so sweet and broke my heart! I sat her on her step stool in the bathroom so I could clean things up again and she said "Zoe's in timeout." Break a mommy's heart again Zoe! I assured her that she wasn't in timeout, we were just cleaning her up.

So after that Zoe and I spent the night in the recliner, with a stack of towels on one side and a laundry basket on the other. (Garbage in, garbage out!) I was able to burn a personal day today so I could stay home with her. Of course Brett's folks would have watched her but I thought this kind of sick was too much for them. We spent most of the day snuggling in the chair, or sometimes she would lounge on her Hawkeye blanket on the floor. We had to watch the "Zoe Show" ALL DAY. (More on that later) She ate 1 bite of toast and lost that around mid-morning. She refused the Pedialyte that Brett got up early to pick up at Walgreens. She kept crying for milk - of all things! That just sounded terrible to me, milk is the last thing I want when I'm sick. Finally I gave up because she wasn't drinking anything else, and she sucked down an entire 9 oz cup of milk. Guess what, it stayed there - whew! Tonight she seems to be running a low-grade temp. I'm not sure if that's better or worse? Anyway she is in bed now and seems to be asleep. Here's hoping for a full night's rest at the Hansels!

P.S. "The Zoe Show" is our home movie collection. I called them "The David & Zoe Show" the first time I put one in and Zoe has shortened it to her favorite character - herself! We watched the different videos for hours today. At some point this afternoon I would have been happier to watch C-Span.

No comments:

Post a Comment